Generally you might be aware of what looks good on you, whether it’s a wrap dress which always makes you feel confident or whether it’s wide leg pants which adds an in-depth look. The fact is that dressing for a particular body type is always a good idea. There are several shapes in the market and trends are always evolving like never before. With such plethora of choices and options, how is someone supposed to navigate through shopping for her specific body?
Are you even sure what your body type is? Before getting some basic tops from Saint Tropez, don’t you think you should explore some more information on your body so that you can get the best shaped top which complements your body? Well then, let’s take a quick look at the different body shapes and what women should avoid wearing with those shapes.
An apple-shaped body
- If you have an apple-shaped body, try and wear clothes which don’t draw attention to your waist or mid-section. V-neck top and waist dresses, A-line dresses and such types will do wonders for you and make sure you select tops which cover the entire belly area.
- Don’t wear bulky tops, double-breasted jackets and silhouettes. You can rather go for layered tops and ruched tunics.
- Instead of wearing belt around the waist, wear it just below your bust as that creates curves which create a feel of minimized waist.
A pear-shaped body
- Try to highlight your shoulders so that you can create an illusive balance to the shape of your figure. You may use pashminas, scarves and colorful necklaces.
- Select embellished dresses and tops and make your shoulders look broader with boat neckline or puff and cap sleeves.
- Don’t wear capri pants, tight pants, short skirts and pencil skirts. A-lines will instead work well for your figure.
- Choose dark and solid colors for the bottom and bright colored tops. For the right accessories, you can buy watches online here.
A rectangular shaped body
- If you think you lack natural curves, you can use accessories and clothes to create them. To accentuate your waist, wear a belt at the narrowest point.
- Choose tops which end at the middle-section of the hips and try to enhance your bust line and shoulders with pleated tops. Choose accessories to increase volume on the upper part.
- Your underwear should offer good breast support and make your waist look defined.
An hourglass-shaped figure
- In case you have this kind of figure, highlight your curves. Select clothes which draw attention to your waist.
- Don’t wear baggy clothes as drawing focus to your waist is the perfect way of highlighting your bust and hips.
- Opt for V-neck dresses and tops, skirts and shirts which give a good shape to your breasts.
So now that you know how to choose the best-fitted dress for your body, you can make your choice in the above mentioned manner. Help yourself look your best with the best choice of dress.